2012 Survey Results
To our survey respondents and all WFPA members:
Our survey resulted in 91 responses (almost 10% of our Members), as of 12-29-12. The results overall are very good and there was excellent commentary provided that the WFPA will follow up on and include in its strategic planning. The following bullets represent a high level summary of each of the questions in the survey.
1. Our members are a stable group with over 57% that have owned property in Walker for more than 10 years
2. Respondents with property that have improvements-79%
3. One third are full-time residents
4. We are a “seasoned” group with over 80% exceeding 50 years of age
5. Over 80% as well do not have children in their household
6. Highest 5 draws for WFPA participation are; Pancake breakfast (54%), Walker Days (45% congrats John O.), FF Appreciation Day (44%), Annual Meeting (43%) and an event that has recently declined in attendance-WFPA board meetings (42%). Of note and an area we need to bolster is 19% attended no events in the last 12 months
7. Annual meeting attendance-one half
8. Over 62% of respondents stated they paid dues of over $200 last year, area for improvement-14% did not contribute
9. Question #9 requires more review but of the 14% that did not contribute, there were a combined 30+ reasons why
10. As could be expected, the highest priority perceived for the WFPA are fire-fighting, ISO and EMS (highest rating is “1” so bar charts are invers in importance-largest bars least important). Community related focus appears to be a nice to have after basic services are taken care of
11. Similar “inverse” bar chart relationship, fire-fighting, ISO and EMS are of highest priority
12. Really interesting responses here-almost 75% of respondents see more value in the WFPA and would be willing to pay higher dues
13. Most of our Members prefer the present dues system (63%)
14. Almost the same percent will contribute money but have other commitments of their volunteer time
15. And finally, the satisfaction rating with the WFPA… a 56% very satisfied “10” rating for the WFPA volunteers and over 73% with a “8” or greater rating! Five people rated the WFPA a marginal “5” rating or less. Fire Chief Roger Nusbaum and the volunteers deserve a big thank you for their work and the very strong satisfaction ratings!
16. This question called out for suggestions and remarks, like Walker history, there’s a gold mine of information here!
This a good start to a great opportunity to improve the WFPA report card and survey results further. Again a big thanks to our respondent Members for making this possible. We are all pleased with our first attempt with a survey outreach and will start 2013 with some great directional feedback. Thank you again.
Greg Stava, WFPA board member/survey coordinator