3rd NOTICE — SHELDON MINE/EPA WITH TRAFFIC CONTROL PLAN
Here is the link to the finalized EPA Traffic Control Plan:
IMPORTANT NEWS CONCERNING A LARGE NEW EPA PROJECT IN THE WALKER COMMUNITY
Sheldon Mine Tailings EPA Mitigation Project
YOU MAY EXPERIENCE TRAFFIC DELAYS BEGINNING APRIL 15 THROUGH MAY 31 IF YOU DRIVE ON WALKER ROAD TO GET TO AND FROM YOUR HOME IN THE WALKER/POTATO PATCH COMMUNITIES.
MORE SPECIFICALLY, TRAFFIC DELAYS WILL OCCUR WHEN DRIVING NEAR OR BETWEEN THE PINE MOUNTAIN ROAD, SHELDON ROAD & WALKER ROAD JUNCTION
(100 MAILBOXES) AND THE EAGLE ROAD & WALKER ROAD JUNCTION TO THE SOUTH.
THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION PROVIDES SOME ADDITIONAL DETAILS ABOUT THIS IMPORTANT EPA PROJECT:
The US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) is planning a mitigation of the Sheldon Mine Tailings near the junction of Walker and Eagle Roads. The EPA conducted a meeting on Wednesday, March 6, 2013 at the Walker Fire Station to share the details of the their Mitigation plan with concerned residents and certain affected agencies. This EPA Project is a huge undertaking lasting approximately six (6) weeks from the April 15th to the end of May. The EPA will manage the entire project that will require the following:
• A Traffic Control Plan on Walker Road between the 100 Mailboxes and Eagle Road.
• Work performed at the Project Site from 7:30am to 5:30pm Monday through Saturday.
• Heavy earth moving equipment at the Project Site.
• Dust control measures (Project Site & possibly roads).
• Delivery from Prescott to Project Site of massive amounts of fill material (approx. 530 Truckloads).
• Strict traffic control on Walker Road six (6) days a week utilizing flaggers and pilot cars.
• At least one road closure of Walker Road for 7 to 9 hours (date to be determined) near the junction of Walker & Eagle Road for installation of a new water culvert under Walker Road.
More information including the EPA presentation will be posted on the Walker Website at Walkerfire.org. Questions may be directed to the WFPA Board at the next Board meeting scheduled for April 13, 2013.